September will soon be here and it will usher in a number of exciting events!
· The statewide Quilt Across Texas Shop Hop will begin with us opening on Labor Day, Monday, September 2. We will be open Monday through Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm throughout the month of September. Come see the special fabrics for this year, or visit the link posted on our homepage. Becky has also designed a special quilt for use with one of the panels. It’s Texas FUN all the way!
· We have planned a T-shirt Quilt Class for Thursday, September 5, 12, and 19, from 10 am to 4 pm each day. Faye Medina will teach the class and the fee is $75. She will go over picture as well as T-shirt techniques. There will be some homework involved in putting together your T-shirt quilt!
· We are continuing our Sit and Sew classes on Tuesdays, until further notice. These classes are designed for those who want to work on what they personally choose as a project. You bring your sewing machine, supplies, pattern, etc., and our teacher, Faye Medina, will assist you in putting together your project. Class is from 10 am to 4 pm, and the class fee is $30. Come in for support and fun as you sew.
· Becky has a new 3-yard quilt pattern on sale: Cookie’s Star! It is a large star design in a 50 ½” square quilt. She is also working on another design for use with panels. WooHoo!
· Beginning Smocking Class: Learn to smock an infant size bishop dress. It will be offered October 5, 12, and 19, from 10am to 1 pm; it is necessary for attendance at all three classes in order to fully pick up the needed skills and information. Becky will teach the class, and the fee is $60. A kit will be available for $20, which includes a partially constructed and pre-pleated infant size bishop dress in your choice of solid color batiste. Homework will be necessary between classes. Pre-registration is a MUST by September 26, as kits must be assembled. Only a minimum of 2 students and a maximum of 5 students will be allowed. This is a special class for creating a special garment for your loved one.