4343 Kostoryz Corpus Christi, TX 78415 (361) 852-4247
Store Hours: Tuesday – Friday 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
January 2012 Newsletter
What a great year 2011 was, so we are looking forward to a new year: 2012!!! This new year is promising to bring fabulous new and exciting fabrics, patterns, classes, notions and more.
· We will be closing, Saturday, January 29, due to our attendance at the Rockport Quilt Show.
· We are continuing the Cotton Club BOM with once a month classes on how to complete the blocks if you need help. Check our website for the dates.
· Our teacher, Faye Medina, has had surgery and will need time to recover. Please check our website for when she will return to teach. An upcoming class that several people have already signed up for is on making Nancy Zieman’s E-Tablet/Paper Tablet cover. We have the templates and the inserts. This class will take place sometime in early March, so come put your name on the list now!
· We have the scallop template rulers that are all the rage. We keep running out of the 1” and 1.5” rulers and pushers, but we just received a new shipment this week! We will have them at the Rockport show and during the Cruisin’ The Coast Shop Hop, so if you want one, grab it right away before they’re gone again!
· January 28-29, 2012 is the All Roads Lead to Rockport Quilt Show. Rockport/Fulton High School 1803 Omohundro, Rockport, Texas in the Cafeteria Common Area
Saturday - 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Sunday - 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Admission $5.00. Children 12 & under free.
· February 1-4, 2012 is the Cruisin’ The Coast Shop Hop, with 6 participating shops: Golden Needles & Quilts, Rockport, TX; Beefore It’s a Quilt & Gifts, Port Lavaca, TX; Quilter’s Patch, Victoria, TX; Cedar Chest Quilt Shoppe, El Campo, TX; Heirloom Elegance and The Quilt Cottage, both in Corpus Christi, TX. For more information, visit the websites of any of the above fine quilt stores.
· The Rio Grande Valley Quilt Guild Show runs February 24-25, 2012, at the McAllen Convention Center, 700 Convention Center Blvd. McAllen, TX, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. Many new and varied quilt vendors will be in attendance, offering fabric, patterns, notions, and quilting supplies. This is a very well-attended show by locals, regional attendees, and winter Texans. Come enjoy the beautiful quilts and have fun in Texas’ fabulous Rio Grande Valley.
· We have a new group of Moda fabrics that come from an architectural and textile designer from the late 1800’s, named William Morris. He was well known for being the father of the Arts & Crafts Movement, started in England. He was a contemporary of Tiffany and Frank Loyd Wright. Moda has printed an entire line of his luscious floral designs, many of which we have on hand. In addition, we have a free quilt pattern for anyone who purchases the fabric. This fan design quilt displays the Morris fabric beautifully. Come see the fabric and be overwhelmed at all the possibilities you will see for using it in large (or small) amounts
· Quilting Treasures has out two new lines: Dinosaur Train, which has a panel and coordinating fabrics that make up into a darling children’s quilt or a child’s soft book; and, Goodnight Moon as a panel and several coordinating fabrics. Both groups of fabrics are perfect for sewing up a quilt for your young child or grandchild.