4343 Kostoryz Corpus Christi, TX 78415 (361) 852-4247
Store Hours: Tuesday – Friday 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
April/May 2012 Newsletter
We didn’t realize we had not put out a newsletter for a while, so we need to let you know of some upcoming events and news. Leann has been updating the website with new classes, information, fabrics, and anything else she can think of that would be of interest to our customers. Please check out the new slideshow and sidebar information. Click on the calendars and see that many new classes are upcoming in the months ahead. Below are the highlights!
Clearance Clearance Sale!
April 24 – 28
Receive an Extra 10% off all clearance fabrics,
including end of bolt!
This also includes select clearance panels and precuts! We are adding extra fabrics to the sale section so there will be even more fabrics on sale to choose from! Think of all the backing fabric you could purchase and save a bundle!
· It is now easier to get to our store what with the nearly finished road being concrete. Right now, our entrance is through the meat market side of the parking lot. Yes, Kostoryz Road is still under construction, but if you are coming from the southside, you can take Weber to Gollihar, turn right, and then left into our parking lot. Very easy!
· We have so much new fabric it isn’t easy to find a place for it all! New MODA, Michael Miller, Benartex, and more. Come see what we have.
· We will start a new Block of the Month Amish With a Twist in May. It was suppose to start in February, and many other shops across the country have already begun. If, however, you wanted it and didn’t want to pay the high price of the BOM and shipping from other shops, you can start our program on May 1, participate for 6 months, and save up to $150+ by buying it local! Plus, we will be available to help you if you have questions about the blocks. Our cost will be $35 a month for 6 months, no application fee, but you must commit to the total 6 months in order to get this low price. We’ll have a sample of this beautiful quilt up soon!
Our calendar classes for April, May, and June are filling up quickly. For particulars about each class, check the website calendar. Here is a list of some of the upcoming classes:
· Waterfalls – Friday, April 20; this is a Judy Neimeyer paper piecing class taught by Gloria Trolinger. If you didn’t get to learn this technique with the Cappuccino class, this class gives you an opportunity to learn or refine paper-piecing sharp points.
· Sit And Sew Tuesdays, May 1, 8, and 15 with Faye Medina. Bring your own projects and get the assistance of a talented teacher.
· Double Irish Chain – Tuesdays, May 22 and 29; this class is taught by Faye Medina. Learn how to make a traditional Irish Chain quilt that everyone will love!
· Beginners’ Kids Camp Class - Monday, June 4 through Friday, June 8, this class is taught by Faye Medina & Becky Aguilar. Kids will learn basic sewing skills and make several projects plus their own hand-tied quilt! Sign up early as there is limited seating! See the website for more information, or call 852-4247.
· All-Day Mystery Quilt Class – Saturday, June 16, this class is taught by Becky Aguilar. Becky designed her own mystery quilt for a one-day class, so this will definitely be a mystery to all! Designed to start at 10 am and end at 7 pm, everyone should be able to have a complete quilt at day’s end!
· Advanced Kids Kamp Class - Monday, June 18 through Friday, June 22; this class is taught by Faye Medina & Becky Aguilar. In this class, any students who have taken previous beginner’s sewing classes with us, or who have advanced sewing skills, may take this class. The projects will be more challenging and will include some bias sewing. Be certain to sign up early as there is limited seating! See the website for more information, or call 852-4247.
Always check the website calendar for news of classes and events coming up!